Arunachala Ramana - Multimedia CD
A unique multimedia CD, designed to provide existing devotees and those new to Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi with a unique source of information and high-quality photographs. This CD has taken 18 months to construct and has gone far beyond its original parameters. No effort has been spared in the making of it and the CD contains over 1,400 specially prepared photographs and 1,350+ pages, there are also audio files and video previews.
The files on the CD are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format for cross-platform compatibility, the retention of high-quality images and font styles - including Tamil and Sanskrit. These files can only be read with Acrobat 4.0 or higher. Acrobat Reader 4.0 for PC and Mac are included on the CD. The video previews are in MPEG-2 format and QuickTime 5.0 for the Mac is also included on the CD.
1 Multimedia CD ! NO longer available ! file-based contents
- 75 full-page high-resolution restored photographs of Bhagavan, including the only known colour photograph, plus digitally coloured images 
- The Ashram archival catalogue of 520 high-resolution photographs - small size 
- 71 pages of high-resolution stunning photographs of Arunachala taken by various photographers, 62 of them full-page size 
- The Giri Pradakshina map and photographs of the shrines at the eight directions. A map of Sri Arunachaleswara Temple and many photographs of the Temple itself. 
- A greatly expanded "Tour of Sri Ramanasramam" with high-quality photographs. 
- The Ashram staff photographs complete with their names .... updated April 2001 
- Samples of Bhagavan"s handwriting as high-resolution images 
- The entire contents of the 'Nirvana Room' have been photographed and added as detailed images - devotees rarely get the chance to see these items used by Bhagavan.
- A list of prints and videos available for purchase, complete with high-resolution images.
- Information on visiting Sri Ramanasramam, plus help for devotees.
- Sri Ramanasramam's complete English Publications list including prices and a list of new editions and cover designs.
- Extracts from 39 of the most popular books on 258 pages. 
- 4 complete books to print out on 62 pages. 
- The 4 complete editions of The Mountain Path Journal from 1964, laid out in the original format on 271 pages. 
- Issues of 'The Maharshi' newsletters from, produced by Arunachala Ashrama on 469 pages.  ..... updated April 2001
- Addresses and information on how to purchase any items on the CD.
- Details and photographs on four of the the local charities..... updated April 2001
- MP3 sound files - the Introductory Verses and Arunachala Aksharamanamalai (both from the Monday parayana) recorded live at Sri Ramanasramam
- Previews of the following videos - 'The Maharshi', 'The Archival Films', 'Guru Ramana' and 'Arunachala Giripradakshina'. The latter two are new and due to be released during the Autumn of 2001.
- Bhagavan's medicinal skill - complete herbal recipes included
- 2001-2005 calendar with important dates and full-moon times
- All of these photographs are prepared in EPS format; this means that detail is not lost during conversion into the compressed PDF files, and zooming into an image actually increases the detail. When the photographs are printed out through Acrobat on any good quality printer (Postscript or otherwise), the detail in the original image is produced in the print.
- These files have been prepared in a format that enables them to be printed out on either A4 or Letter size paper on any desktop printer.