ramaṇa sat-guru, ramaṇa sat-guru, ramaṇa sat-guru, rāyanē!
1. pugazhum pon-nula gattu vānavar pōṭṭṛi ninḍṛu pugazhn-diḍum;
Gracious Lord who was born in the famous holy Tiruchuli
that the glorious gods of heaven delight to praise, Ramana Sat-Guru!
2. azhagu sundarar anbinil varum amuda vāridi aruṇai-yān;
Born of the love of Alagu and Sundaraboth names mean 'beauty' in Tamil was the sea of nectar, the dweller at Arunachala. Out of love (for us), first the formless One took shape as the bull-mounted Siva. and again now as Ramana Sat-Guru!
3. amala jñāna aruṭ peruṅ-kaḍal aruñai yaṅ-giri tannilē;
Untainted Knowledge flowed as the Sea of Love to the fine Virupaksha cave on Aruna Hill and took form as this Pure Being, Ramana Sat-Guru!
4. vādu sei-diḍu māyai tannai vaḷaittu ninḍṛu midit-tavan;
He wrestled to the ground and trampled Illusion, his challenger. he did away with the artful senses and the profusion of past karma, Ramana Sat-Guru!
5. aruṇai īsan eḍutta ṇain-diḍu anban en-guru nāya-kan;
He was taken up and embraced by the Lord of Arunachala. my Lord and Master's Grace took form as this Master Who stands here as the celestial wish-fulfilling tree, Ramana Sat-Guru!
6. mūnḍṛu dēha maṛandu mup-pada vāzh-vinil kuḍi yēṛi-nān;
He became unmindful of the three bodies and lived through the three pure states, without delighting in this transitory worldly life, Ramana Sat-Guru!
7. piṇḍa mēviya nādanē bira māṇḍa māviya nāda-nāik;
Recognising the soul of the body to be the very Soul of the Universe, remaining still, growing ripe, his heart became one with all. Ever-blissful is this Ramana Sat-Guru!
8. ponniṛan tavazh mēni-yan pugazh ōṅgu señ-jaḍai vēṇi-yan;
He who had as his guru the famed golden-hued Siva, with his beautiful matted hair, and became one with Him, Ramana Sat-Guru!
9. pañcha bhūta niṛaindu ninḍṛavan pañcha kōsama daṭṭṛavan;
He pervades the five elements. he is unbound by the five sheaths. he removes the troubles of devotees and grants them knowledge. Ramana Sat-Guru!
10. mukgu-ṇat taḍai aṭṭṛavan muda lāya dēva nirā-mayan;
The three gunas do not bar his way. he is the primal God free from taint. men of merit seek him, serve him and fall at his feet, Ramana Sat-Guru!
11. ādi kāraṇa kari yaṅgaḷ aṛinda chin-maya pūraṇan;
He is Perfect Awareness, fully aware of the primal cause and its effects. of the challenger, Illusion, the vanquisher is Ramana Sat-Guru!
12. dēvar yāvarum vandu ninḍṛu tudit-tiḍum pada vaibha-van;
His glorious feet are praised by the gods who stand around him in humble devotion. he is the Way, the Door and the King of Pure Knowledge This Ramana Sat-Guru!
13. vēda nāya-kan vēda bhuṣha-ṇan vēdamē uru vāyavan;
The Lord of the Vedas, the Jewel of the Vedas, He is the Vedas Incarnate. The delighter in life eternal gained by the power of his love, is Ramana Sat-Guru!
14. turiyamē vaḍi vāgit tūveḷi āḍaraṅ-gama dāgi-nōn;
He is the turiya state, the pure expanse, the stage for world-play, the Witness pervading the seven worlds and the whole universe, himself remaining unstained. Transcendental is Ramana Sat-Guru!
15. chinma yat-taru viṛ-pa zhut-tiḍu tīṅganic chuvai āgi-nōn;
He is the juice of the sweet fruit ripened on the tree of Awareness. at one with That, he remains all by himself as Being-Knowledge-Bliss, Ramana Sat-Guru!
16. appil uppena en-manak guhai oppi ninḍṛiḍum aṇṇalān;
He is the dear Lord, dweller in the cavity of my heart, in union with me like salt in water. He is both father and mother to me. He is Reality Itself – Ramana Sat-Guru!
17. jākkiraṅ kana vōḍu chāṭṭṛu suzhutti vādai-yad aṭṭṛavan;
Free from the troublesome waking, dream and deep sleep states, perfect, beyond the reach of speech, the meaning of the mahavakyaTat Tvam Asi, That Thou Art, Is Ramana Sat-Guru!
18. sanādanap poruḷ āna vēdiya jāti bhēdama daṭṭṛa-van;
The ever-existent Reality is this Brahmin, who is beyond caste and creed, beginningless, the untainted Lord of Knowledge, the Light revealed in Love – Ramana Sat-Guru!
19. saṛguṇak kaḍal āna naṛguṇan saṛjanar pugazh nīdi-yān;
The ocean of goodness beyond all characteristics, the righteous one in the eyes of the wise. He is the syrup of sweetness. His form is the unity of the individual and the Supreme Self, Ramana Sat-Guru!
20. bhakti yōḍu paṇindu ninḍṛiḍu bhakta kōḍiyar taṅgaḷai;
For devotees bowing down in devotion, he grants the Knowledge that reveals the shore of Liberation; the one who hoists the flag announcing it is Ramana Sat-Guru!
21. aḍāda seigai aḷikkum indriya vañja-naip poṛi vāyilil;
Destroy the spectre of my mind struggling in the open jaws of the senses with their evil ways. make me your own, Ramana Sat-Guru!
22. aṅga mēri ahaṅ-garit tiḍum āṇavap-paḍu pāvi-yait;
With the sword of pure knowledge strike down the cruel demon of ignorance, now ruling as ego in the body, O Self-effulgent Gem! Ramana Sat-Guru!
23. bhānu vamsa vinōda rama-num paṅkayap peru vāzh-vanum;
Sri Ramana, the delight of the Solar Race, illustrious Brahma on the lotus, Siva with His deer and spear, Kumaradeva of great tapas, all these are our Ramana Sat-Guru!
24. pōṭṭṛi en-manak kōyil uṭṭṛiḍu puṇṇiyat tiru mēniyāi;
Praise to you, blessed Being within the sanctuary of my heart! Praised be your Face! Praised be your Heart! Praised be your Feet, Lord Ramana Sat-Guru!
25. nacchi ninḍṛu naviṭṭṛu vēṅkaṭa ramaṇa nāvilu-mēviya;
Please place your feet on the head of Venkataramayyar, who stands praying fervently before you, singing your praises which taste nectar-sweet to his tongue, Ramana Sat-Guru!