ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivāya
We are celebrating the Annual Sri Rudra Ekadasini Pooja & Homam/Havan
at the Hindu Temple of Ottawa on Saturday 06 May 2017.
The Pooja will start at 6:00AM in the morning and will conclude with the auspicious 'Vasordhara Homam/Havan' after chanting Sri Rudram 121 times (11 ritwiks chanting 11 times). We plan to conclude with Arathi and Lunch Prasad at 1 PM.Please join the annual Yagna and receive Lord Shiva's blessings on this auspicious occasion. You may wish to help in any of the following areas. 1. Kalasam and Pooja preparations (Friday, May 5, 2017, 7:30 p.m. -10 p.m. at the temple)
2. Pooja details are as follows:
- Guru vandhanam, Vigneswara puja, Punyāhavāchanam (to start at 6 a.m.)
- Mahanyasam, Rudra Trisathi Archana
- Sri Rudram/Chamakam Chanting (11 times during Siva abhishekam to start around 8:30 a.m.). Everyone will have an opportunity to offer milk to Lord Shiva.
- Vasordhaaraa homam (havan) in the Geetha Bhavan
- Mahaabhishekam (Udhyaapanam and Prathishtaapanam) of Lord Shiva in the Main mantap.
- Bhajans followed by Ārathi and Prasad.
4. Take down and clean up after the prasad lunch.
Seeking Lord Shiva's blessings - in Him